Safety alarm

A personal safety alarm is a small device that can be worn on the body and is connected to a monitoring centre with home nursing care. You can apply to the municipality for a personal safety alarm.


Alternativt navn



If you live alone where you need to be able to call for help in an emergency situation, you may apply for a personal safety alarm. The personal safety alarm is connected to a monitoring centre, which facilitates contact with home nursing care services. The monitoring centre or municipal staff can be called out throughout the day if the alarm sounds.


The elderly, disabled or other persons who may feel unsafe when living alone.

Service price

Trygghetsalarm - egenandel for leie

Lover og forskrifter

Personal safety alarms are not a statutory service, but they may be provided if you have a need for assistance that entitles you to the service under the Health Care Act. See Section 3-2 of the Health Care Act.


Helse- og omsorgstjenesteloven

Rules and regulations

Forskrift om egenandel for helse- og omsorgstjenester


Guidance - how to obtain this service

You can contact the municipality for assistance in applying for a safety alarm, or you can ask others to help you if necessary. If someone else applies on your behalf, he or she must have authorisation.


Søknad om tildeling av trygghetsalarm


The municipality will obtain the information necessary for making a decision on the case. We will normally make a home visit. We will then come to a decision. You will normally receive an explanation together with the notification of the decision. You will always receive an explanation if there is a possibility that you will be dissatisfied with the decision. If an explanation is not included, you can obtain one by enquiring with the municipality within the deadline for appeals to the decision.


The municipality will process the case as soon as possible. If a decision cannot be reached on the case within one month, you will receive a written message stating the reason as to why. You will also be informed of when the decision is expected to be made.

Appeal Option

If you are dissatisfied with the decision, you can appeal to the municipality within three weeks from the date on which you received it. Explain what you are dissatisfied with and why you believe the decision should be changed. If you need guidance, you can enquire with the municipality. If the municipality upholds its decision, the case will be passed on to the county governor, who will determine whether the appeal should be sustained.



Navn:Karen Mauseth
Tittel:Pleie- og omsorgsleder
Telefon:78 45 25 21
Mobil:90 96 08 65
2018-08-17 10:46
Gyldig fra
Gyldig til